Con la tecnología de Blogger.

«Birthday girl» de Penelope Douglas



JORDAN

He took me in when I had nowhere else to go.
He doesn’t use me, hurt me, or forget about me. He doesn’t treat me like I’m nothing, take me for granted, or make me feel unsafe. 
He remembers me, laughs with me, and looks at me. He listens to me, protects me, and sees me. I can feel his eyes on me over the breakfast table, and my heart pumps so hard when I hear him pull in the driveway after work. 
I have to stop this. It can’t happen. 
My sister once told me there are no good men, and if you find one, he’s probably unavailable. 
Only Pike Lawson isn’t the unavailable one. 
I am. 

PIKE

I took her in, because I thought I was helping.
She’d cook a few meals and clean up a little. It was an easy arrangement. 
As the days go by, though, it’s becoming anything but easy. I have to stop my mind from drifting to her and stop holding my breath every time I bump into her in the house. I can’t touch her, and I shouldn’t want to. 
The more I find my path crossing hers, though, the more she’s becoming a part of me. 
But we’re not free to give into this. She’s nineteen, and I’m thirty-eight. 
And her boyfriend’s father. 
Unfortunately, they both just moved into my house. 

*BIRTHDAY GIRL is a stand-alone, contemporary romance suitable for ages 18+.


Autora: Penelope Douglas
N.° de páginas: 407 | Editorial: Auto publicación
Comprar: Amazon



Nuestro primer libro de Penelope Douglas y lo hemos disfrutado. Una caliente historia de verano de volumen independiente.

Pike y Jordan son dos protagonistas que se conocen por error y tan solo por unas horas, ambos desean volverse a encontrar... y lo harán, pero no de la manera que esperaban. Pike tiene 38 años y Jordan 19, su nexo es Cole, el hijo de Pike y novio de Jordan. Ellos tendrán que vivir juntos... pero la relación padre-hijo no es de lo mejor, sin contar que Cole descuida un poco la relación con ella, lo que hará que Jordan y Pike se acerquen más, la química de ellos es extremadamente fuerte, en serio, van a estar una gran parte de su tiempo anhelando al menos un beso entre ellos y cuando este llegue... pues... ¡estén preparados! la caja de Pandora será abierta.

Cabe decir que esta novela es muy hot, y aparte del factor relación prohibida, es una clásica historia estadounidense, es fácil de leer, entretenida, pero no nos pareció fuera de lo normal. 

Quedan advertidos: tengan un vaso fresco, porque la temperatura subirá.  

No hay comentarios